Singapore (26/11/2012) – More than 130 senior managers and business owners from Singapore participated in the Print Conference 2012. Co-organised by Spring Singapore and Print & Media Association Singapore (PMAS), this year’s theme focused on reinventing the print industry through innovation. The event was held at the Grand Park City Hall and the conference was launched by the President of PMAS, Mr Lim Geok Khoon.
Through a 2-prong approach, the conference probed into the future of the print industry and inspired deliberations on how businesses can reinvent themselves today. Leading speakers who addressed these issues included:
- Ms Tang Ying Chun, Senior Strategy Manager of Consulus. She gave a keynote presentation about “Designing Business Models for a New World Order”
- Mr Loh Yew Seng, CEO of SPH Magazines, who spoke on “Print & Beyond: A Publisher’s Perspective”.
- Mr Ulrich Haussler, CEO of Argus-Haussler Consulting Group who presented on “Innovation in Business Development”.
- Dr Albert Lu, Senior Scientist of SIM Tech, who presented on the topic “Market Opportunities and Technology”.
- Mr Markus Stegmann, Sales Representative (Malaysia) of Eurasia Packaging presented on “Printing Productivity: SMED Technology”.
- Mr Cheng Soon Keong, Director of Corporate Advisory, Baker Tilly, shared his insights on “Value Creation through Mergers & Acquisitions”.
- Mr Ferlis Tay, Manager of AON Singapore, gave a inspiring presentation on “Risk Mitigation and Managing Your Assets”.
The conference kicked off with a panel in the morning that discussed the “Transformation of the Print Industry”. It was moderated by Ms Genevieve Chua, Managing Director, Spicers Paper Singapore.
As keynote speaker, Ms Tang Ying Chun, Strategy Manager of Consulus, presented a case-study from Singapore, Fotohub, that demonstrates the eight ways to innovate in practical scenarios.
During her presentation, Tang shared that Asian companies should aim to embrace innovation that nurture alternative revenue streams. Therefore, they must move away from being downstream service providers to the upstream platforms.
In her case study presentation of FotoHub, she demonstrated how Fotohub was able to welcome organisational change and innovation, which contributed to their success.
She concluded by inviting the business leaders to pledge their commitment towards an innovative spirit among the print industry today.