Illumination, Integrator, Facilitator
Global Senior Fellow for Leadership at Consulus
- ORGANIZATION MODEL
- BUSINESS MODEL
SUMMARY OF PROFILE
Jim Funk is the Global Senior Fellow for Leadership at Consulus. In that role, which is a lifetime appointment, Jim is a senior advisor to the Consulus CEO and Core Circle, and a member of the Global Leadership Circle. Global Senior Fellows are appointed because they have developed a new method, contributed thought-leadership content, or gifted the thought-leadership to the entire global network for its use. In that regard, Jim brought the concepts and competencies of the Holistic Leadership model to the Consulus Global Network, and was instrumental in building relationships with partners who together with Consulus created programs to develop and form leaders based on the HERO model of Holistic Leadership.
In addition, for three years prior to his appointment as Global Senior Fellow for Leadership, Jim served as the Global Head of Leadership Transformation and the Country Director for Consulus USA. He is a recognized expert in the coaching and development of leaders at all levels, and in the strengthening and transforming of individual leaders and leadership teams to be at their best. He has designed and delivered leadership formation and development programs on topics critical to being successful in leading in a complex world and in today’s global market economy. He has coached leaders to build their capability and effectiveness in order to lead innovation, change, and growth. He has facilitated visioning, teambuilding, and strategic planning for executive teams and boards of directors, with a particular expertise in healthcare and service industries. He has published several articles on leadership and is a speaker on topics designed to inspire leaders.
SUMMARY OF CONSULTING EXPERIENCE
- Designed a leadership competency model and leadership evaluation process.
- Led the assessment of organizational culture for a billion-dollar foundation for education.
- Created and delivered a series of leadership workshops for hospital systems in the U.S.
- Designed and delivered physician development programs for a large health system in the U.S.
- Worked with newly appointed government executives in developing improved communications and relationships with their teams.
- Region of experience: Europe, Americas
- Chairman of Consulus Global Network (2019-2021)
- Master’s Degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from Purdue University (USA)
- Certified Compensation Professional (World at Work): 1985-2008
- Certificate in Organizational Development (National Training Labs): completed 2005
- Certificate in Executive Ministry Leadership (Aquinas and Ascension): completed 2007
- Certificate in Formation Science, Theology and Anthropology (Epiphany Certification Program): completed 2015
- Certified Senior Professional in Human Resources (HR Certification Institute): 2003-present (emeritus)
- Certified SHRM Senior Certified Professional (Society for HR Management): 2015-present (retired)