Faith, Mosaic, Unity
Dr. Farha Iman
Global Head, DialogueCORE
- ORGANIZATION MODEL
- BUSINESS MODEL
SUMMARY OF PROFILE
Dr. Farha Iman is the Global Head of DialogueCore at Consulus. She holds a doctorate degree in ‘Philosophical and Theological Foundations of Dialogue’ from the Sophia University Institute in Florence. Additionally, she has completed her Master’s in ‘Conflict Analysis and Peace Building’ and holds a degree in ‘Social Work’ from Jamia Millia Islamia in New Delhi.
With over a decade of experience in faith and cultural dialogue, Dr. Iman is a founding member and former General Secretary of Sarva Dharma Samvaad (All Religions Dialogue), an NGO based in Delhi. She is also a certified dialogue trainer and has received the South and Southeast Asia Fellowship (Cohort 2019) from the King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz International Centre for Interreligious and Intercultural Dialogue (KAICIID), an intergovernmental organization headquartered in Lisbon.
Among her notable achievements, Dr. Iman has been the youngest researcher on a UNESCO and Arigatou foundation team, which conducted a project aimed at identifying best practices of interfaith dialogue in 50 Asian and Oceanian countries.
Dr. Iman has shared her expertise through the presentation of papers, lectures, and talks in various countries, including India, Singapore, Thailand, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Turkey, Romania, and the USA. Furthermore, she has actively participated in numerous international dialogue and peace projects.
Summary of Experience
- As General Secretary of Sarva Dharma Samvaad, conceptualized, designed, planned, and implemented projects related to dialogue.
- As National Advocacy Officer for National Social Watch, established broad-based coalitions and networks of Parliamentarians, Judges, like-minded experts, and organizations. Also prepared funding proposals.
- Conducted research, developed methodologies, created content and modules for dialogue trainings, and wrote research reports as a researcher and dialogue trainer.
- Holds a Doctorate in Interfaith Dialogue from Sophia University, Florence.
- Completed a Masters in Conflict Analysis and Peace Building from Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
- Fellow of the South and Southeast Asia program (Cohort 2019) at KAICIID.
- Received a Summer Fellowship from ‘Reset Doc’ by Ca Foscari University of Venice, Al Mominun and Giorgio Cini Foundation on the topic of ‘Citizenship, Social Cohesion and Ethical Values’ in Venice.
- Headed the Indian chapter of Global Network Rights and Development (GNRD).
- Fluent in English, Urdu, Hindi and working knowledge of Italian.