Aloha, Diamond, Ripple
Global Head, Sustainability and Impact Investment
- ORGANIZATION MODEL
- BUSINESS MODEL
SUMMARY OF PROFILE
Clara Kwan is the Global Head of Sustainability and Impact Investment of Consulus and the Chief Sustainability Officer of DesignFutures Venture. She graduated from the National University of Singapore with a Bachelor of Law (Honors) and has an Executive MBA from the Kellogg School of Management.
Clara spearheads and executes strategic decisions and provide strategic consultations on sustainability issues, investments and best practices for companies, including establishing ESG principles and roadmap into regional and local processes in companies’ management, operations, legal and compliance, business continuity planning, marketing and human resources. She assesses and manages investment and financing portfolios from a legal, sustainability and social impact angle.
She sits on boards and previously held the positions of Chief Operating Officer, Head of Sustainability and Managing Director (Singapore) for a regional green independent power producer.
Clara is also a certified mediator and an attorney who is qualified in several jurisdictions. She has served clients globally including Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Thailand, China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Indonesia, Philippines, Australia, New Zealand, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Dubai, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, United Kingdom and United States.
SUMMARY OF CONSULTING EXPERIENCE
- Member of investment committee to define criteria and goals, evaluate and assess portfolios for acquisition and implementation of green investments
- Implementation of sustainability programs for clients, including re-organization of HR practices, reporting and governance structure and marketing efforts
- Sustainability reporting and compliance based on industry metrics and standards
- Management of relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strategic business operations and management for optimization and pre-IPO
- Successfully transformed and re-structured a regional renewable company using ESG foundations for fund-raising
- Expansion and development of banking practice for a law firm into China • Conduct sustainability workshops, webinars and panel discussions to
corporates and educational institutions
- Executive MBA, Kellogg School of Management
- Bachelor of Law (Honors), National University of Singapore
- Called to the Bar in the State of New York, England & Wales and Singapore
- Leading Sustainability: High Impact Leadership, University of Cambridge
- Corporate Sustainability Management: Risk, Profit & Purpose, Yale School of Management
- International Diploma in Computer Studies (Accounting) by the University of Cambridge