Tree, Brook, Lantern
Kuan Chee Yung
Global Head, Place Innovation
- ORGANIZATION MODEL
- BUSINESS MODEL
- EXPERIENCE DESIGN
SUMMARY OF PROFILE
Ar. Kuan Chee Yung is a Global Leader focused on Place Innovation, founded on the inherent Social & Natural Capital of the land & users, to purposefully evolve development & regeneration with enhanced value, resilience & wellness.
Chee Yung is an expert in urban, architectural, interior & landscape design, project implementation, construction, development branding and experience design. A Green Mark Accredited Professional. He is currently in the SGBC Standing Committee GMAP/GMAAP Accreditation, and leads in studies of Biophilic, Wellness & Sustainable Design. He studied Laboratory Design in Harvard completing various world class research varsity campuses requiring Bio-Chemical-Nuclear safety, mega research equipment/facilities & integration with Business Parks. He is also a WSQ ACLP educator optimising new participative & technology based pedagogy in design and teaching. Further trained in Leadership in VDC at Stanford, he is an innovator in the built construction industry, specialising in DfMA and IDD. He expanded his experience overseas since 2010, working on Townships, Hospitality, Ecology & Transport Oriented Developments and Nature Conservation.
After 26 years of practice, he has transformed himself from EXCO to Educator, Innovator & Strategist. He is founding Vice President of a think tank: ‘The Circle for Human Sustainability’ and promotes low-energy lifestyle solutions & education on crafting in his volunteer work.
SUMMARY OF CONSULTING EXPERIENCE
Implemented project designs and solutions that shaped more than $20BN Revenue impact
- Chee Yung has served as Term Consultant for campuses like NUS, NTU, NIE, and designer at Xiamen University (Malaysia), Duke GMS at SGH AMC, and was master planner for Changi Hospital Campus, Mediapolis@OneNorth, NUHS AMC. He has completed townships for the region’s largest developers including SP Setia, EcoWorld, Country Garden and partnered key players in TOD projects including as expert Design Lead for Shenzhen Metro and Chengdu Metro TODs. He was QP for Garden’s By the Bay East Gardens and won the Guangzhou Gardens competition.
- SGBC-BCA Green Architect of the Year 2017, completing over 5 GM Platinum and 2 SLEB projects.
- Chartered Architect, Board of Architects, Singapore since 2000, and BOA Examiner for over 9 years to current
- MD/Founder of CPG Signature Pte Ltd, a SILA Recognised Practice winning Honourable Mention in IFLA Landscape Awards 2021 & 2022 and the first S.R. Kellert Biophilic Design Award 2017
- Four 2017 Star Property Awards and three 2018 Star Property Awards for EcoWorld Townships & Setia 88 Towers
- International FIABCI Awards for Solaris@OneNorth and EBP1