3 min read
Conceived in 2013 with the vision of building a global movement of companies committed to shaping a better world, World Company Day aims to raise consciousness about the potential of companies in bringing about social change through daily work. More than 211 companies from 13 nations have since signed the pledge.
This is the message on the occasion of the 5th World Company Day, celebrated every year on the 15th of August.
Happy World Company Day, more companies continue to join our global initiative. This year, we like to welcome companies from Taiwan; our presentation in Kaohsiung last June was very well-received thanks, to our partner, the Siziwan Foundation.
For 2017, we like to invite you to reflect and be inspired to act on this theme “Organize for the Future Good”. We live in unprecedented times, technology and infrastructure
Some of you know that we are inspired by the principles of the Economy of Communion also known as EoC, which led us to create the initiative of World Company Day. Last February, some of us joined the EoC Congress in Rome. It was a great opportunity to learn from the many companies who are shaping a better world and to hear the timely words of Pope Francis on how businesses can contribute to the common good.
He said: “we must work toward changing the rules of the game of the socio-economic system. Imitating the Good Samaritan of the Gospel is not enough.”
Today, there are many groups that are doling out money and doing many charitable works but
So this year, we ask you, our member companies and companies around the world, to unite for action to organize for the
1) In your company, organize discussions on how you can contribute to the economy around you, pay attention to the needs of the youth and the elderly. Go beyond just giving, develop ideas on how you can do something on a long-term basis through business.
2) In your city, gather like-minded entrepreneurs to share ideas and resources to advance the common good like climate change or how to shape technological developments to also cater for those affected by the impact of technology.
3) At the national level, participate in discussions and lobby your political leaders to advance the common good in terms of climate change, inclusiveness and sensible economic policies that strengthen our interdependence.
We cannot do all things and we cannot save everyone but like the captains of those boats at Dunkirk, it is enough to say yes and do our part. If everyone
Chairman for World Company Day
About World Company Day
Today, companies shape every aspect of our lives. From creating opportunities, influencing choices, managing resources of the earth, the way business is conducted can and should be for the greater good. This is why it is important to have an annual day to celebrate the good that companies are doing all around the world and encourage others to do the same. We invite all companies to join us and henceforth commit to building companies that will shape a better world and to advocate the United Nations to set aside 15th of August as World Company Day. More details and pledge here:
We, (name of company) pledge to shape the world into a better place, through building a leading and transformative company where unity is the norm of norms. We believe in a company where mutual love exists and equal opportunity is an undeniable right. We believe in shared ownership and profit as a means to social equality. We believe in building a fair and just enterprise by upholding the highest levels of integrity. We believe in the value of humility to perfect our work. We believe that our work should contribute to a sustainable development of industry and our environment. We entrust all these to the power of the Almighty who will ensure the perpetuity of our purpose after we have done our part.
This event is celebrated annually on the 15th of August. Conceived in 2013 with the vision of building a global movement of companies committed to shaping a better world, WCD aims to raise consciousness about the potential of companies in bringing about social change. More than 211 companies from 13 nations have signed the pledge.
World Company Day is focused on 3 key goals:
1) Building collaborative and meaningful cultures in all participating companies
2) Treating customers and suppliers as partners in shaping a better world
3) Creating products and services that will add meaningful value to society
Participation in the movement is free-of-charge for all signatories.
World Company Day is a social non-profit initiative by Consulus