The Columnist is giving resolutions a much-needed makeover. Join us! Our fresh take on this tired tradition could give you the motivation you need to make 2014 your best year yet.
7 Days of Goodness
Start 2014 on the right foot by challenging yourself to complete these 7 activities.
How to Join:
- Download the daily challenges to your phone or computer. You can set them as your wallpaper to serve as a reminder.
- Share your thoughts and photos via Twitter, Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #7daysofgoodness
- Track #7daysofgoodness and encourage others with your likes and comments.
- Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Volunteer for a good cause.
- Share a meal or have coffee with a colleague you rarely interact with.
- Seek a colleague’s honest feedback for something you are working on.
- Return the favour and offer honest feedback to that colleague.
- Take on an overlooked task. It can be as simple as organising project files.
- Make a fresh start with a co-worker with whom you had a misunderstanding.
A Tree of Goals
Create a visual reminder of goals that you would like to achieve in the coming year.
Download the pattern and instructions in green, red or black (PDF)
A Bag of Inspiration
Show appreciation to someone who inspired you. The gift doesn’t have to be anything fancy. The best presents are often inexpensive but rich in meaning.
Download the pattern in green, red or black (PDF)
This article is part of The Columnist, a newsletter by Consulus that offers ideas on business, design and world affairs. For past issues, browse the complete archive.