The Columnist is giving resolutions a much-needed makeover. Join us! Our fresh take on this tired tradition could give you the motivation you need to make 2014 your best year yet.
7 Days of Goodness
Start 2014 on the right foot by challenging yourself to complete these 7 activities.
How to Join:
- Download the daily challenges to your phone or computer. You can set them as your wallpaper to serve as a reminder.
- Share your thoughts and photos via Twitter, Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #7daysofgoodness
- Track #7daysofgoodness and encourage others with your likes and comments.
- Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Volunteer for a good cause.
- Share a meal or have coffee with a colleague you rarely interact with.
- Seek a colleague’s honest feedback for something you are working on.
- Return the favour and offer honest feedback to that colleague.
- Take on an overlooked task. It can be as simple as organising project files.
- Make a fresh start with a co-worker with whom you had a misunderstanding.
A Tree of Goals
Create a visual reminder of goals that you would like to achieve in the coming year.
A Bag of Inspiration
Show appreciation to someone who inspired you. The gift doesn’t have to be anything fancy. The best presents are often inexpensive but rich in meaning.